Saturday, May 24, 2014

One's Trash is Another Man's Treasure

A garage sale (a.k.a jumble sale, attic sale, garage sale, junk sale, rummage sale, lawn sale, rummage sale, tag sale, moving sale, yard sale, or thrift sale) is an informal, irregularly scheduled event for the sale of used or second hand goods.

Here’s my story. I got wind that my niece was holding a garage sale on the weekend. It occurred to me that maybe, I won't regret going to the said jumble sale. Boy, am I pleased I did!

As soon as I walked through the red gate, I knew I had hit a jackpot.There were so many items I could have bought. Sheer lack of cash restricted my spending. I had to limit myself to four items (pay check doesn't come in about another 2 weeks! Tough!)

Maxi dresses have become an important summer wardrobe item. This cute black number with adorable florals let you channel your inner bohemian girl.

Maroon cotton gauze boho bohemian paisley-printed tailored blouse is perfect paired with denim shorts for coffee dates with friends or paired with slim denims and wedge sandals for work.

Thin shoulder straps, shoulder-baring neckline plus a front ruffle make this romper extra feminine. Pair it with your favorite flip-flops and you're ready for a weekend out at the mall or a trip to another jumble sale or to the beach even.

This fluttery polka-dotted tent blouse flatters any shape. Flowy fabric and light pleating makes this both dreamy and desirable with a touch of elegance. This understated beauty is great for everyday wear or under a jacket for a stylish day at work.

Do you visit many jumble sales? What would you have bought had you been at this sale (which is still open today, by the way)?

No comments:

Post a Comment