Friday, May 23, 2014

Mango Tango: Cupcakes That Are Like Gifts of Gold

Mangoes are my and my mom's favorite fruit. I'm crazy about mangoes, green or ripe. I'll eat them because I crave them. As soon as summer comes every year, I just need to have my daily fix of mangoes. Not one bit of the mango (except the skin and the seed of course!) go to waste when it's cut up and served on the table to eat. I even used to snack on green mangoes dipped in a vinegar-soy sauce-salt mixture (Yum!)

When I came across Mango cupcakes on G.Licious, I knew I just had to get them for Mother's Day, and to my surprise these cupcakes were really delicious and moist. These cupcakes brim with the golden fruit, from the cake to the creamy and luscious buttercream, offering the fragrant mango scent I was looking for. Topped with a sliver of fresh tangy mango, gives a wonderful texture contrast waking up your senses.


Taking a bite of this mango-overload of a cuppie put a huge smile on this gal's face. It let me appreciate the simplicity of a baked goodie that used a single ingredient to create it's flavor. These cupcakes are just deliciously sinful. Overall, I was pretty happy... mango-liciousness achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment